Location: Chennai, India
TargetBay, a global leader in eCommerce personalization, enables retailers and brand manufacturers to increase their conversion rate. Our multi-tenant SaaS suite of software powers $300 million in commerce annually for over 250 clients. We focus exclusively on mid-market merchants with a solution set built for scale and growth that doesn’t sacrifice usability and flexibility.
As Product Manager, you will guide TargetBay’s strategy for our personalization platform. This extends from managing strategy and roadmap as well as writing requirements and assisting the product owners and developers in building new capabilities that will take TargetBay into new clients and markets. You will be the voice of TargetBay to our clients, our prospects and all internal stakeholders. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company. You will work with engineering counterparts to define product release requirements. You will work with marketing communications to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, occasionally working with the sales channel and key customers.
- Managing the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
- Driving a solution set across development teams (primarily Development/Engineering, and Marketing Communications) through market requirements, development build, and positioning.
- Developing and implementing a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
- Analyzing potential partner relationships for the product.
- Mentoring Product Owners as they take your requirements and write designs, prioritize and schedule the functional work.
- 5+ years of software product management experience.
- Thorough understanding of agile scrum methodologies, ideally from the inside having had a product owner role in the past.
- Ability to take market trends, customer feedback, sales feedback and competitive intelligence and break them down into well defined, concise market strategy plans and business requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with customers, business and technical team members across the organization
- Knowledgeable in technology, ideally in multi-tenant SaaS software.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an effective communication style.
- Ability to effectively communicate and work in a distributed environment with colleagues located in different geographical regions and across various levels of departments and organizations to facilitate meetings with a business and a technical audience.
- Knowledge of eCommerce is a plus